#383- Goodbye to 2008

2008-12-31

Photobucket
Hi everyone-

As the sun sets on another year I like to take a look back at the previous year and see what I accomplished and look forward to the new year and set some goals for what I'd like to accomplish.

In the past I did this through resolutions that I never really followed through on. Over the last few years I have abandoned that process all together and just mentally set some goals and that was about it.

Earlier this year a friend sent me a link to a blog that he thought I would be interested in. I think he added something about this guy being my lost twin brother or something. Over the last few months I have really come to enjoy reading the blog and have taken a lot of great lessons from it.

It's called the Art of Nonconformity by Chris Guillebeau. Chris touts the blog as 'Unconventional Strategies for Life, Work and Travel'. Many of them are but everything that I have read makes total sense. The difference between us is that he actually goes out and does the things he has written about in stead of just thinking about doing them. I completely buy into what he is saying but have some difficulty in breaking free and putting those strategies to work for me.

I hope over the next year to 'free' myself up a bit and put some of these same strategies to work for me.

One of the things that I am trying this year is to do a yearly review much like Chris does. You can check out his blog post about the review and even download a spreadsheet to do your own by clicking on the link below:

How To Conduct Your Own Annual Review

You should check it out as well as the whole blog. It's very interesting reading and I'm sure you will find something helpful to you on it.

Have a great New Year's Eve and be careful!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Woody said...

Have a good new year my friend, If your working tonight, hope it's quiet..

Chuck said...

You're Welcome for the link to Chris' Blog!!!