Unexpected Opportunities

2007-09-03



Nikon D2x ISO 100, 1/10 @ f10,28-200 f3.3-5.6 @ 92mm

This image was shot this afternoon at a small Pow Wow on City Island in Harrisburg, PA. This Shaw Dancer was in my opinion the best dancer there today.

I took the original image and slowly removed the background and then spent several hours manipulating the remaining dancer in photoshop.

I think this will be one of my favorite recent images for a while. The cool part is that I did not anticipate shooting any images at the Pow Wow. It was just a small part of the Harrisburg Kipona Festival, which features a large number of artist and craft vendors.

I brought the camera along to take a few shots of my daughter. But when we got to the island I watched this girl dance for a few minutes and had to shoot a few shots.

It's always those unexpected opportunities that work out the best...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoW! Brian, Love the colors and how you did this. Fantastic. It seems a very mysterious image. Very creative.

Anonymous said...

Look's awesome love how you changed the picture. You have a real gift!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, man. I really like this one. Outstanding job!