Ancient Kiva Tin Type...

2007-11-23



Hi Everybody...

First off Happy Thanksgiving. I know it's a day or two late but with the holiday and being kinda laid up I just didn't get to post.

Thanks to all of you who have called and emailed. I am still pretty sore but the crutches the doctor recommended help out as well as the medication.

Today's image is one that I have been working on for some time. I initially shot it in color on Velvia 50 slide film and really wasn't to happy with the results.

So I converted the image to a duotone. The results were not bad but I still had some contrast issues out in the valley and in the sky. So when I started experimenting with the tin type look this image came to mind.

This is an image that I really wanted to get right. I had searched and searched for this location for a few years. I knew I was in the right area because I could see some of the features in the distance but I couldn't pin it down. So after a lot of research I presented my findings to a ranger who after acknowledging that I had put some time into this effort, led me to a trail head.

Without ever really saying this is where it is she said "I think you will like the views from this trail."

So I was disappointed when the shot didn't come out how I had hoped initially. But I had only a short amount of time to get the shot and it was right in the middle of the day.

I definitely plan on going back...

1 comments:

Debra Trean said...

I have followed a link from the RV site to this blog. Beautiful work !! I like the duotone work and see the image below this that I simply must go see ! Wow