Phillip...

2008-02-23



Hi everyone--

The final image of this weeks portrait series was shot last summer at the North American Indian Days held on the Blackfoot Nation in Browning, Montana.

This is one of the best Pow-wows around. On Friday and Saturday nights there are up to 700 dancers during the evening Grand Entry. The experience is something that you must actually witness to understand it's power.

I can not wait to attend next years which will be the second weekend in July.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

JRJ's Photo Journey said...

Powerful.

Anonymous said...

belle image! on se sent plonger 2 siècles en arrière au début de la photographie

Debra Trean said...

I also share you love for the POW WOW work this is an excellent portrait a project I have struggled with. I really like the BW work of course!! The pow wow experience is filled with such a rich history of the past as well as a spiritual feeling like no other. I was planning on going to one here in Idaho in April but am heading to SF instead back home to my old stomping grounds. But I will hopefully get back to Oregon to see the wildhorse pow wow they have annually. To be honest I have never drug out the images I did last year and really finished working them. I get going in too many directions !!!