Details...

2008-03-22



Is it the color? Could it be the patina of time? What is it that has drawn me to this little old cart?

The colors are fantastic, shouting out to tell the stories of an era gone by.

The patina of time and ware. The cart is rough and worn showing its damage for all to see.

These are certainly reasons to be drawn to it, but for me I think its something more something beyond what you see as you walk by. For me its in the details...

As I worked with these images I found myself stopping and studying the patterns of years of neglect and use. The nuances of color as the light changed going in and out of the clouds. As I looked at these images I began to see the story of this cart...

Not the neglect that it had suffered, but the long days it put in, the care it received as it was painted over and over and the stories of years of faithful service to its owners.

It wouldn't be around if it was neglected, it would've been lost years ago. This cart was special. It survived the years and it proudly and loudly displays its history for all to see.

You could easily walk by this little old cart, but if you did you would be missing something. Something special. You would be missing the details...

2 comments:

Debra Trean said...

wonderful texture and color and this too could be used as a texture layer I bet on any project adding a 3d look to it I bet!! Very nice

John Barclay said...

A great find for sure! I found you via pnfphotography and am glad I did. You work is excellent! I too love the details. I also love the dunes and just got back from teaching a workshop in Death Valley where the dunes are like a magnet. You and I are close by... I'm in the Doylestown area. Maybe a trip to Longwood Gardens is in order someday or to this great cart!

http://web.mac.com/johnbarclayphoto

John