Erosion and Time...

2008-03-20



I decided to revisit the dunes today. There is something about the lines and texture of these images that I am really enjoying.

On my first visit to the Great Sand Dunes National Park I really wasn't able to do the park justice with such a short window of opportunity. But I was able to come away with several iamges that I was more than happy with.

I'm thinking though to really do it right one would need several days to watch the light and changing weather and really be able to shoot some nice images based on better conditions. And of course be able to move about int he park a little bit more than I was able.

It's cool to think that the sands of the southwest through erosion and time have formed such beautiful scenery both here at the dunes and the many locations where the sand originated.

1 comments:

Debra Trean said...

I love this as it is but also see it as a wonderful abstract with a dab cropped off the top. I love this!!!