Empire Chief...

2008-04-21



Hi all-

So this image was taken last May in Colorado. I was visiting my friend Ben for a few days and we took a ride up into the mountains where he showed me this abandoned mine.

He told me the story of the area and how it once bustled with activity. He showed me where towns used to be and where fortunes were made.

But its all gone now, well all but a few remnants here and there. It's amazing to me how the earth can heal it's self. Many of the places we went you would never know what had been there if you were not told that it had existed.

This area has been absorbed back into the earth. The scars from our being there have mostly faded, and the earth goes on...

Tonight I watched the movie Into The Wild. I had not read the book previously but I knew a little about the story behind it. It was a fantastic movie that told an amazing story. You should really see it if you have not.

There were a few important points that I interpreted from the movie that might be worth mentioning...

Money and stature are not everything...While you spend your time worrying about your money and making it and rising to the top, the truly important things in life are passing you by. Things you may never get back.

Sometimes we make mistakes or have lapses in judgement. Sometimes we can not get that moment back and our lives will forever be altered, but sometimes it takes that moment for you to truly see the light...

Family, friends and people who you hold close to you and the relationships you have with them are really what makes life worth living. A dollar bill or a position at the office will never share your ups and downs, support you or lift you up when your down, laugh and cry with you, but the ones you love will.

Take care of yourself, forgive others and embrace them, we all make mistakes, fix the ones you can before they grow into the ones you can not...

1 comments:

Debra Trean said...

very true words to live by.... excellent