Have a Coke and Smile...

2008-04-25


Hi everyone-

Today's image was shot back in 05 I believe in Missoula, Montana. One of the great things about many of Montana's towns and cities is the old architecture.

There are so many turn of the century buildings that have been preserved and one of the great things about them is that many of them still have old advertisements painted on their sides.

I love to see these old paintings and so many are being destroyed or covered up that the ones you get to see are pretty special.

Coca-Cola seemed to be one of the biggest users of this form of advertising. Probably up there pretty close with Mail-Pouch.

2 comments:

Debra Trean said...

We have a lot of wall art in downtown Boise too and it is a treat to capture it. I saw a lot in Calif too and the huge billboards too. I prefer the murals on the walls for sure.

Stacey Olson said...

Great post. I grew up not far from Missoula, the place is NOT the same at all from when I was a kid.. thanks for sharing