Right On Time...

2008-04-29


Hi-

I have always wanted to shoot images at a train or subway station but never really had the chance. So when i found out that I could bring my camera along on our tour I was pretty excited.

Since our primary purpose was learning about the trains and the workings of the electrical power supply of the trains and tracks I didn't have a lot of time to shoot images for myself.

There were a few times however, that we walked from one area to the next which provided the opportunity to shoot a few images.

While walking a long the platform I noticed this man who appeared to possibly be the conductor standing on another platform across the tracks from us.

The train behind him gave me the perfect opportunity to shoot one of the images that I had hoped to get while at the station.

5 comments:

Chuck said...

Is that Ted Kennedy? Looks like him.

Anonymous said...

This looks like it should have an interesting story with it. I like the horizontal lines. And what is the answer to your mystery location?

Brian Bastinelli said...

Although Ted was in the area recently it is not him.

Although we did see the train cars that Barack Obama rented for $5000.00 a day to do a whistle stop tour with only one stop 30 miles southeast in Lancaster, PA.

Nick, I wish this this did have a story to go along wth it, but if there was one playing out I totally missed it.

I am glad you asked about the Mystery location. You were the only one to participate in my little game so thank you first of all for humoring me.

That building is some sort of little storage building adjacent to the Watch Tower at the Desert View overlook at the Grand Canyon.

If you have the opportunity to check this spot out you should it is a pretty neat building.

Debra Trean said...

outstanding!!!!! That is all I can say about this fabulous image - I like everything about it from the BW to the movement!!

Marti said...

This is a great image, Brian. Very simple and very effective. I love the black and white treatment and everything about it.