The Streets of Indianapolis...

2008-04-10



Today was quite a busy day here in Indy. Classes, the Fools shindig at Hooters and then a night on the town with the boys.
In the mean time I was able to shoot this image of Edward, a homeless man in downtown Indy. He was a kind man who I enjoyed talking two. He was just looking for a few dollars to hit the Barbee Que place down the street.

I have been shocked at the number of homeless people I have seen, and I'm sure there are many more that I haven't. I feel bad for them because not all of them are crack addicted psychos. Take Edward for example, a man down on his luck trying to make his way back. It is sad that these guys get lumped into the same category as the homeless drug addicts and criminals.

1 comments:

Debra Trean said...

I saw so much of this in Calif this past week and it wore on my heart a great deal as we are not exposed to this as much living in rural ID. I met a few myself this week who were happy to help us with directions or to find a public restroom and tipping them did not hurt. My heart was touched and saddened to see how many live that lifestyle based on poor choices perhaps or bad luck....ya know that old song...what if god was one of us just a slob like one of us...???? It sure went thru my head alot....