Hot Skys and Cool Alleys...

2008-08-15




Hi everyone-

Man did we have a thunderstorm here last night. I reeaaaallllly wanted to go out and shoot for today's post but the rate and intensity of the lighting was unbelievable.

I am surprised that nothing caught fire in my neighborhood and that we kept our power on the whole time. I counted 10 strikes in just a couple of block area that I could see.

So instead of attempting to shoot something new and get struck I decided to take a lighting shot from a few weeks ago. I was at my friend Doug's and we were getting ready to leave and there was a storm to the north east of his house.

The lightning was cool and of course I didn't have a tripod. So next best thing I set the camera on the roof of the truck. It's not a good picture at all but it gives you an idea of the beautiful lightning show that night.

Today's other image continues the shoot of Steph. This was a shot that I knew I really wanted as soon as we arrived at the location.

It is one of my favorites from the shoot. I really like the depth of field as well as the way the coolness of her clothing balances the warm tones of the buildings.

Your feed back is welcome as always.

I will continue with my customer service rant on Monday. I will talk about, Toys R US, UPS and Heritage Auctions. Does no one care about their customers anymore???

13 comments:

Knitting Mania said...

Brian...hello, thanks for your visit a few min. ago. Wow...I just checked out your site, your photography is outstanding!!!

The bear shots, my oh my, gorgeous.

What part of MT are you returning too. We just moved here, and we LOVE it!!!! Never get tired of this BIG SKY country.

Nice to meet you...

Brian Bastinelli said...

Thanks for checking out the site, I am glad you enjoyed it.

My family is from Choteau, along the eastern slope of the Rockies between Great Falls and Browning.

My parents have a house there so we get there as often as possible.

I love Montana and I can't wait to make the move as well.

Katney said...

You may think the lightning shot is not very good, but I think it is outstanding.

a woman who is said...

I love your night shot of the storm. Caught you over on my sis's page and glad I followed you back here. Nice work!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Stumbled upon your blog through "skywatch". I enjoy your work.

magiceye said...

loved both pics! lovely!

Do check out my Independence Day SkyWatch post here

Anonymous said...

Nice photographs.

Enjoyed reading the post too.

Abraham

Brad Myers said...

Brian your shoot with looks as if it went very well, I like this one better than the others also. Now get back to work.

Barry Armer said...

My favorite Beth shot so far! Fantastic composition and processing! Well done!

Barry

Anonymous said...

Love the uppermost photo - what a great shot! Have a nice wekkend:)

AphotoAday said...

I like the concept of hot and cold here...
Very creative...   Interesting blog...

Anonymous said...

That sky is Fantastic!! I love the colors in it.

Alice at: I Was Born2Cree8
My SWF post is here: Sky Watch Friday

Louise said...

Incredible lightning shot! The color is just amazing.