Sky Watch Friday...

2008-08-08




Hi everyone-

Today I am joining hundreds of other bloggers in Skywatch Friday. Several friends of mine have recently joined and it seems like a fun idea.

Basically your posts on Fridays must contain or be centered around the sky. So today I will start with this image that was shot in Yellowstone National Park in the Lamar Valley. I am pretty sure that it it Specimen Ridge visible in the image.

You can check out other blogs that are posting Skywatch Fridays by checking out the list at:

Have a great weekend!

*UPDATE* I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to Rich Bistline for awarding me the Kick Ass Blogger Award. I am realaly excited that you like the site. I will have to come up with my list of 5 for Monday. Thanks again Rich!

16 comments:

2sweetnsaxy said...

I've just recently joined to. I'm glad I did or I might have missed this photo. Wow! What a sky! What a shot! Those clouds are unbelievable!

Unknown said...

big, fluffy clouds...nice. enjoy SWF!

Brad Myers said...

Great shot "B" are you sure they are clouds or the aftermath of an explosion, we see a few of those you know, LOL.

SandyCarlson said...

What a cloud! I want to step aside and let it by!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Interesting explosive imgae

AphotoAday said...

Dramatic shot -- and love your wildlife photos -- nice blog you've got here!
Best regards, Don.

Leora said...

Theatrical! Love the beautiful trees leading up to those explosive clouds.

Brenda said...

Spectacular!

Kelly said...

Unbelievable cloud! Great shot, so fluffy and stunning! Have a great weekend!

Petunia said...

WOW! Stunning! I'm speakless! What is the secret for taking this kind of shot?

Petunia's SWF

Mary said...

Welcome! That is absolutely stunning. Happy Skywatch Friday. :)

kjpweb said...

Good start for Skywatch! Brooding image - good postwork!
Cheers, Klaus

Kimmie said...

All I can say is WOW! That is one fabulous photo!

Blessings,
Kimmie

Louise said...

Spectacular photos.

Flotte Moehne said...

Oh what a great start.
A wondeful mystic composition.
Hope to see you next week.
Hallo from German

Andreas said...

Wow, that's absolutely awesome. A sky with an attitude :)