#386- NYC- Street Corner

2009-01-06

Photobucket

Hi everyone-

Today's image was shot back in November of last year. My wife and I traveled to New York City for our anniversary and the big PDN photo show at the Javits Center (that was a coincidence of course...lol).

While in town we hit many of the normal touristy spots but also just walked around. That's one of our favorite things to do in the city. But there is so much to see and so much to take in you can hardly do it all in just an extended weekend.

If you have never been to NYC you should definitely go at least once in your life. There's got to be something there for you or even just to experience it.

While we were out walking around I was shooting a ton of images. Nothing in particular just life on the streets. Today's image is just one of those shots. I love the street corner vendors. The smell of pretzels, hot dogs and chestnuts makes the trip for me.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Barry Armer said...

Cool shot Brian!

Definitely "feels" like New York!

Regards,
Barry

Larry J. Patrick said...

I think that the sign with "Top Chef" is what really makes this one. It just gives it that little extra that you want in your photos. Great job.

Chuck said...

I like how he strategically placed his cart next to a fire hydrant. Just in case there is a fire nearby he can make a killing serving dogs and coffee to the firefighters. Wonder if he sells beef sticks like the Red Cross provides us?

I also like the listless look on the guy waiting to cross the street.