#390- NEW WEBSITE LAUNCH!!!!!

2009-01-10

Hi everyone-

I wanted to announce that my new website has finally launched!

As of tonight www.brianbastinelli.com has an all new look and some great new functionality!

I have put over 80 hours of work into the site in the last month and am so happy that the site is up and running.

The redesign was a long time in coming but will really provide a much more functional site for everyone.

Below are a few screen captures that will highlight some of the great improvements of this site.

Photobucket

This is the cool new 'splash page' which will allow viewers to chose from three distinct parts of the site they would like to visit. You can choose from "Enter Main Site" to go to the galleries, investment, bio, contact, and client proofing pages or "Blog" to go to my daily photo blog (where you are right now) or finally "Fire-Ground Image Galleries" to visit my exclusive fire scene galleries.

By splitting the page up you can easily navigate to the part of the site you want to see without being forced to view the parts you don't!

Photobucket

The above image is the main page for the Brian Bastinelli Photography site. It has a six image slide show which highlights one of the very cool parts of this new site...huge images!

Along the bottom there are navigational tabs that will take you to the various parts of the site. They are Home, Galleries, Investment (pricing information), Bio (all about me..lol), Contact (drop me a line), Schedule (book a session), and Client Proofing/Ordering (privately review and purchase images from your session).

Also to the right on the bottom right of the screen you can click on the rotating "CD" to open the juke box and control the sites music.

Photobucket

This page highlights the Gallery section of the sight. Here you can click on one of 8 galleries. They are:

Children and Families
Seniors
Weddings
Street and Culture
Musicians
Nature and Landscape
Native Americans
Firefighters

Click on the image of the gallery you would like to view and it will take you there.

Photobucket

The last screen shot shows the password page for the client proofing/ordering page. After a client's shoot they will be given a password for their gallery. Once entered it will take them to a private gallery where they can look over their proofs and order prints via Pay Pal. This was one of the major reasons for the site upgrade. This increases the functionality of the site for both the clients and I thus making the whole process much smoother.

Please take a few moments to check out the site. Then I'd love to hear what you think so please drop me line via email or the contact section of the site.

I would like to take a few moments to thank a few people for the super help and support they provided through the process. First my wife Tonya for putting up with me in my "I'm frustrated because I'm a computer idiot mode". And to Bryan Allen, Kate "K-Tel" Lynch and Usha Vedula for all the phone calls and site reviews and help they provided. Their help was invaluable to me and really had a strong positive effect on the site as you see it. And of course to the great people at Bludomain for making it all possible. Thanks everyone!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Larry J. Patrick said...

Brian,

I see that you are doing the same thing that I am doing--trying to get my blog and my website to mirror each other. I think this is definitely the way to go.

I like the website. Not sure you have all your best work on it, but still a lot of very impressive stuff.

Don't forget to keep us posted on the studio lights.

Again, good job.

Debra Trean said...

Very nice and congrats it takes many hours to get it all perfect...nice work... and will keep an eye on it...