#456 Dallas And A New Feature....

2009-04-13

Hi everyone-

I hope that everyone had a nice Easter and is having a nice Passover. I had to work during the day but we got to enjoy some time with family in the afternoon which included an egg hunt in the yard for Cree and Kyler.

Today's image is of Dallas. He is a rancher from Wyoming. You might remember an earlier image I posted of him back in the fall.
I thought I might try some new techniques I have been working on with this image.

Recently his Dallas's family has extended an invitation to me to shoot at their ranch in Wyoming. I will be traveling west in May and will shoot at the ranch during that time.

I am very excited and looking forward to meeting everyone there and doing some very cool shooting.

Here is the SOOC shot of Dallas. It was shot with a Lensbaby 2.0 :

Photobucket

In the next image I worked on color and contrast...a lot. pretty much every highlight and shadow has been manipulated in some way here:

Photobucket

After getting the image dialed in to where I liked it I decided to try out some different effects or looks with the image. This image was given a vintage sort of feel, desaturated color, color casts, looks like it might have been shot in the early 70's:

Photobucket

Finally I wanted to take the image back even further. This image was desaturated and toned giving it look like it may have been shot with a large format view camera back in the late 1800's:

Photobucket

I hope you enjoyed these images. As always if you have any questions feel free to let me know.

Now onto something a little different. I ahve been wanting to do this for a while but haven't gotten around to it. But today is the day to introduce, Music Monday. LOL, its nothing special but I am going to try and post a video on Monday's of music that has gotten my attention recently.

We are going to start it off today with Old Enough by the Raconteurs featuring Ricky Skaggs and Ashley Monroe. This is a really interesting collaboration which results in a really cool cross genre hit. I hope you like it. Oh, sorry about the advertisement. This is the only way I could find the video!



Here is a a B-Roll video of the shoot. It's a cool look at how all of this came together.



Have a great day!

0 comments: