#514 Fire On The Horizon...

2009-07-23

Photobucket

HI everyone-

As you might have noticed today's post is just a little late. Sorry about that but I just plum FORGOT!! Can you believe it?

I have been trying get a lot done around here (at the house) and got busy first thing this morning and before I knew it, it was the middle of the afternoon!

So anyway, today's image was shot on the Belview Road just out side of Choteau, Montana. ONe afternoon a pretty large thunderstorm moved through the area and Created some spectacular skies. This image is shot looking southwest toward the Sun River Valley west of Agusta, Montana.

The angle of the sun created a brilliant red sky as the rain fell from the clouds. I hope you enjoy this image as I was a bit on the nervous side as the lighting crashed around me.

Have a great day and don't forget to check out all the great Skywatch action be clicking here: --> SKYWATCH

Photobucket

9 comments:

annalarssonphotography said...

Truly amazing shot!!

Love it :)

Have a great weekend!
Anna

erin said...

almost looks like the whole area is on fire...a beautiful capture brian.

Vicki ~ FL said...

Looks like fire! Amazing SWF shot!

Klaus said...

Most excellent! Wonderful photography!
Cheers, Klaus

Sylvia K said...

Stunning capture, Brian! That's my Montana! It does indeed look as though the sky is on fire!!

Have a great weekend!
Sylvia

Jim said...

It is brilliant.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Hilda said...

If you didn't say this was a sky shot, I would have thought it was a fire! Awe-inspiring! Happy SWF!

Tammie Lee said...

My goodness, this touches my heart! Strong beauty.

Arija said...

Are they northern lights? They look like my memories or July in my homeland of Latvia when I was a little girl.