#537 Wow, Is This Really York?

2009-08-27



Hi everyone-

Here is a great sunset that happened after a line of storms moved through our area last week.

I was at home with Cree and Tonya had just gotten back from a meeting. We were having dinner when I noticed that the house across the street was glowing a brilliant orange color.

I quickly realized one of two things was happening, either our house was on fire, which I knew it wasn't or there was a spectacular sunset brewing. I went to the deck out back and found that the whole sky was glowing orange. So as I passed through the house I said I've got to go shoot this and off I went.

I wasn't sure where I would go as we are in a pretty built up area. But one spot came to mind that I might be able to get up high enough to shoot over the city.

The light was continually changing so I shot this first image while I was on my way just to show what it looked like in case it changed before I could get to my destination.

Photobucket

I got out to this new development not far from us and was able to get just high enough to shoot above the city. The sky was spectacular in any direction you looked. I was really excited because this is not the type of sunset we get around here very often. So I began shooting and continued as the light continued to change. The next two images are stitched panoramas that were either 5 vertical shots or three horizontal depending on the image.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The last image was shot at a pond with a large fountain in it. I was on my way out and thought it might make a nice shot only to realize that in my rush I had forgotten my tripod so this is about as good as it could get.

I hope you enjoyed them! I haven't been this excited to go out and shoot nature in this area in a long time.

Please don't forget to check out all of the other Skywatch posts today by following the link here:----> SKYWATCH BLOG

Have a great day!

Photobucket

25 comments:

Scotty Graham said...

great skies, Brian....on fire!

Keep up the great work!!

Scotty

Woody said...

I had the same thought when I looked at the photos. Is that really in York??

Very nicely done Brian

Barry Armer said...

Awesom shots Brian!

My fav is the second from the top!

Well done!
Barry

Eve said...

What an amazing sky! Those colors are so vivid... and there's so much yellow! Wow!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Amazing sunset shots. Especially the first one - I have never seen the sky as orange as that. Wonderful!
Janice.

P-TER said...

Amazing this colors ! ! !
Great shots ! ! !
Gr.
P-TER

Susan at Stony River said...

What amazing shots! The colours are so brilliant and fiery, but the last one is my favourite for the reflections in the water.

darsden said...

OH MY these are stunning... absolutely beautiful

annalarssonphotography said...

Awesome work Brian!!
Fire!!

Have a nice friday
Anna

Sylvia K said...

Those are incredible! What fantastic colors! I love the reflections in the water in the last shot! Terrific!

Have a great weekend, Brian!

Sylvia

VALKYRIEN said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! Awesome sky, and beautiful shots!

Dagrun said...

On fire indeed! Beautiful.

Eric said...

These are superb, absolutly stunning, love the colors, the composition, they are great!!

Well done!!

Have a nice SWF!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Brian: What a marvelous sky you were able to capture.

Arija said...

Oh to live in a golden city! Amazing light you have captured one often sees these colours in the sky at sunrise but to have a city literally bathed in gorld is really extrordinary.

Julie said...

They are stunning!
The sun sure does throw some amazing colours around.
Love your family snaps below this post!
Cheers,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Excellent - and when Scotty says it's great - it must be! ;)
Cheers, Klaus

Marju said...

Just wonderful pictures!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Those really are amazing aftermath skies

Kilauea Poetry said...

Wow, each one is so intense..gorgeous photos of a sky fully brewed!

Dirkjogt said...

Wow! Amazing shots, it looks like the sky is on fire. thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

WOW! these are breathtaking photos! what stunning colors and textures.

Tammie Lee said...

My goodness, each and every image is spectacular. You have to love sunsets and Montana!
Spirithelpers

Pamela K H said...

What an unexpected adventure nature presented to you. I'm glad you followed your heart and went out to capture these amazing photos. Excellent work. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Light and Voices said...

Brian, you really are a great photographer. Keep on shooting sky shots. It seems to be your passion.
jfm