#556 Gros Ventre Moose

2009-10-09

Hi everyone-

I'm on the road again today. This morning I'll be shooting in Badlands National Park, then its off to the Wounded Knee site and down into Nebraska. I hope to stay in the Omaha area tonight.

Today's image was shot along the Gros Ventre River in Grand Teton National Park. This is a fairly reliable location for moose from year to year. But this year was a bit better than most. There were about 6 cow's and the bull in this image. I am not sure if it was the same bull as in previous years. This year he seemed a bit larger and had a much nicer rack then I remember in previous years.

Have a great day!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Larry J. Patrick said...

Good environmental portrait of Mr. Moose. I would like to see a little less sky. I do not think it adds much to the overall image. Removing it, I think, would help focus the attention on Mr. Moose.

Good work as always.

Debra Trean said...

Been awhile since I made the rounds to see what you have been up to. I like the new way your marking your work. I also see you have done a lot of traveling. I hope you enjoy your next trip and keep bringing such beautiful works to us. I have never seen a moose in the wild so very fun indeed.