Red Dawn

2007-11-29



Hi everybody-

Today's image is a complete departure from what I have been up to lately.

I really enjoyed creating this weeks images and really can not wait to get back to making more. However I think I was beginning to burn myself out creatively with this project. So I am going to take a bit of a break and then come back to it.

In the mean time I'm going to continue experimenting with my images. Red Dawn is an image that started out back about a year or so ago. It was shot on the Gros Ventre Road for those of you familiar with GTNP.

It wasn't really that moving of an image but that was nothing a little levels layer and a gradient mask couldn't take care of.

I called it Red Dawn because that is what came to mind when I was done. For those of you who know the road you would know I was looking west in this image. Also it was taken in the middle of an overcast day. So it is the furthest thing from dawn.

But there isn't a whole lot that is as it was in this image so why should the name me any different...lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!! Love the color.

Debra Trean said...

perfect title and a once in a lifetime image...this is magical as one can almost hear the steps...