Avalanche Creek

2008-02-13



Hi everyone--

Back to landscapes today. This image was shot at one of my favorite locations in Glacier National Park.

The short stretch of water carved rock is amazing. And with a soft bed of pine needles there is quietness to this area that is only interrupted by the sounds of birds and rushing water.

The color and geography of this location are amazing and should not be missed when in the park.

The overcast skies and canopy of trees make the light here soft and very nice for longer exposure images which give the water a velvety feel as well as saturating the color nicely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great colors. Western places have really neat names.

Debra Trean said...

I can see why it is a favorite this is stunning the color of that water is amazing this is such a beautiful area I hope I get to see it for myself some day.