Transition...

2008-02-12

Hi everyone,

I was thinking I was going to post all landscapes this week but I came across this iamge today that I had worked up last month. So I wanted to post it before I forgot about it again.

The original image is below. It was a house in a new development outside of Whitefish, MT. I was taking pics of the various new houses there and never did anything with them. They were more for reference for future home projects.


I decided to see what I could do with this image in photoshop and came up with the image below. I was pretty happy with it because it was such a big transition from day to night. I really didn;t know how I was going to accomplish this transition so I just started trying this and that until I was happy.


After I worked the image up I challenged myself to 'light' the house up as if someone might be home. Creating realistic night time lighting is waaaaaaaaay more challenging than I had anticipated it would be. Again this work was done via trial and error. I would love to know what you think about the effects on these two images.
Don't worry I can take it if you don't like it or have suggestions.

0 comments: