Great Sand Dunes...

2008-02-26



Last May I took a whirlwind tour of the southwest. One of the spots I was unable to spend more than about 2 hours at was Great Sand Dunes National Park.

I was trying to get back to Denver and needed to get moving. So I stopped and headed out to the dunes. What I found most amazing is the shear size of the dunes and the distance to get to them. It is very deceiving.

I only made it out not even to the base when I took this and several other images. I knew I needed to head back so I could get back on the road. It was fun but disappointing because I really wanted to stay.

I really hope to get back here soon and spend the time necessary to do this park justice. Just from what I saw I would highly recommend it if you have the time. There is so much to explore and I am sure the light can be spectacular here in the morning or evening.

2 comments:

Debra Trean said...

I love the idea of the sand dunes this is really cool!!! I hope your enjoying creating these as much as I am watchin ya.

Brian Bastinelli said...

Thanks Deb,

I have been having a great time. I am really glad that you brought this idea up.

I made four last night and I wanted to post them all today but decided that I should wait.

I am not sure what is more fun, looking for and selecting images to use or seeing the finished project. Either way its fun.