Stone and Light...

2008-03-13



Hi everyone-

Today's image was taken from the south rim of the Grand Canyon. This was an unscheduled trip to the canyon at the very last minute.

I was in Page, AZ and decided that The light wasn't great and there were a ton of people in town for the Memorial Day weekend and I just didn't feel it.

So I headed off the the Grand Canyon. It was a descision I made late so I was racing the clock to get there. This iamge is one of only two that I got as I arrived just prior to sunset.

My first priority though was to secure a campsite for the night. I was lucky enough to get the last one on the south rim due to a last minute cancelation.

The Grand Canyon is one of my most favorite locations to visit. I love to shoot images there but more than that I just love to be there and to take it all in.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"So very beautiful this photo is"

This is my first visit here and I am sure I will be back more often to see more of your beautiful photos.

Thank you for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

Great sky. Love the last sliver of sun.

Debra Trean said...

breathtaking! What a view!