"Seeing" What We See...

2008-04-02



Sometimes you see an image many times before you really "see" it. I walked past this point several times before something caught my eye.

I'm not sure if it was the tree, or the emptiness of everything else.

I knew I wanted to lay the image out with a lot of negative space to bring out the emptiness of this area. Emptiness that I was unable to see in any other spot close by. The area had been built up. But there was this lot right in the middle with nothing on it but a tree.

When looking back at my images of the recent past I have noticed a trend in some of the compositions. It seems that when I lay out a single subject on thirds its always on the right hand third.

I'm don't do it intentionally but more times than not that is how it winds up. I am sure there is an explanation for this but I don't have it.

1 comments:

Debra Trean said...

I like the empty space a great deal I can not recall the last time I saw a tree like that. :) we dont have 'em in the desert.