Train Wrecks and Good Times in Savannah...

2008-05-11

Hi everyone...

It's been a few days and I apologize for those of you who stop by each day. When I came to Savannah my intention was to continue my posts while I was here.  But alas, a busy shooting schedule and late nights prevented that from happening.         


At any rate I have a ton of new material that I am really excited to share with you.

For those of you who do not know I have been in Savannah, Ga for the past week at a Radiant Vista Street Portraiture Workshop. It has been an amazing experience. Not only does the Radiant Vista put on a great workshop but the instructors, Craig Tanner and Marti Jeffers are two of the greatest people you will ever meet.

As an added bonus the workshop size was small and the people who attended were the perfect mix to compliment each others personality. This is hands down the most fun I have ever had with a group of 'strangers' any where let alone a class or workshop setting.

The foundation has been set for long lasting friendships. The group came together on the first day after just a few hours thanks to a series of way out there questions that came up at dinner. And as you can imagine things went down hill, way down hill from there...lol


By the end of the evening we knew that it was going to be a crazy week and that we would have a ton of fun as well as be able to push each other creatively beyond what we had expected coming into the workshop.

The design of the workshop and the fantastic instructors as well as the dynamic of the group took us to places that at least I never thought I would be going, like in a spaceship for example, or to the streets of an unfamiliar city directing complete strangers in photo shoots, or to Small pubs listening to some of the best musicians you'll come across.

I could go on and on but then I wont have anything to add with later posts... Let me just say this, this workshop has truly taken me to a new place as a person. It challenged me, it taught me and it opened me up to the possibility of seeing a little bit more of who I am and how I can get to where I want to be. I'll talk more about that as I post the images over the next few days.

                                                      Today's images were shot this past Friday. The bar is Jinx and the band is The Train Wrecks. These guys were great check out their link and their new album. I'll have a ton of additional images of these guys coming up as well.


Have a great day. I'm heading out for one last evening of shooting here in Savannah, which by the way is a great city to visit.


0 comments: