The Final Evening...

2008-10-08


Hi everyone-

I am writing this post from the Super 8 parking lot in Gardiner, MT. I'll be heading up to the campground at Mammoth in a few minutes and there is no internet there.

So I have spent the last hour and a half working on some images while listening to the Presidential debate on XM. I really should have listened to something else as I didn't hear anything new or interesting from either candidate. Having listened to the first debate I really didn't have to listen to this one as it really was just a rerun. Hopefully the third one will have a bit more substance.

Anyway on to a bit more entertaining subject...

Tonight might be my last evening in Yellowstone for the year. I will spend the last day in park (tomorrow/today- Wednesday) and then head to Jackson for the night. Thursday I'll make the trek to Denver.

It was pretty slow in the park today. I saw a few animals, some great mule deer bucks near Tower, some large Bull Elk and a Blue Heron as well as a good amount of Bison.

However it was pretty much uneventful. One thing I noticed is that the park is really really empty of visitors. Most of the services are closed down and traffic is really light.

So with this in mind I have to figure out where I will get the best bang for my buck when I get back to the area from Texas Sunday night. I'll be flying back into Denver if anyone has any suggestions of where I might spend a few days photographing before heading back to PA.

Tonight's image was shot south of Canyon in Yellowstone National Park. This bull was keeping his harem in line along a ridge to the north of the road. He kept disapering over the ridge but persistance paid off and eventually he returned for a few moments allowing me to get a couple of cool shots.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blues. Love the way you have composed this image.

bobbie said...

This has to be one of the best nature photographs I've ever seen.

I've taken a quick look at your earlier photos. All just wonderful! The eagle, the spring - all of them. I am impressed.