There's No Place Like Wonderland...

2008-10-09


Hi everyone-

Today I am traveling to Denver in preparation for my flight to Austin on Friday. I spent yesterday traveling through Yellowstone and Grad Teton National Parks. I ended up in Jackson, WY last night.

I was able to shoot a variety of animals and scenes yesterday so the day was pretty successful. I shot some moose, deer, bison, elk, antelope and muskrat as well as some fantastic aspen color. It was a long but fun day.

Today's image was shot at the LeHardy Rapids in Yellowstone National Park. This is a cool area of the Yellowstone River just north of Fishing Bridge. In the summer you can watch the trout running the rapids attempting to get back to their spawning grounds.

This area was spared from this summer's LeHardy Fire which burned to a few hundred feet of this the area where this image was shot.

I traveled by this spot today and all of the leaves had fallen and the Aspen was bare. Fall is ending in Yellowstone and winter is fast approaching. This weekend a large accumulation of snow is in the forecast for the park. By Sunday winter will have arrived.

What I find fascinating is that just a week ago it was warm and sunny with highs in the upper 70's.

There is no place like Wonderland...

3 comments:

Chuck said...

Looks like a cartoon image with whatever you did to the water.

Do you miss Brad yet?

Barry Armer said...

Another great image Brian! Keep 'em comin!

Barry

Woody said...

That's a really great photo Brian..