Stormy Sunset...

2008-10-10



Hi everyone-

It's Skywatch Friday. I have been unable to participate recently because of my trip but finally I have internet access and it's Friday.

I spent yesterday driving to Denver from Jackson Hole. I decided to sleep in a bit because sleep deprivation has been catching up to me. So I left Jackson a little after 10 am. It was snowing lightly in town but as soon as I got up to Grand Teton National Park it was snowing like mad.

The further i drove the worse it got. At one point the temperature was 25 degrees and it was snowing so hard you could barely see the vehicle in front of you.

What is funny about the hole thing is that a little over an hour after getting past the storm it was partly sunny and 70 degrees.
I love the weather out here, I love the way it changes from minute to minute and place to place.

Once I got down to Denver it was mostly sunny but much cooler, in the mid 30s.

Today's image was shot in Wyoming in the area of Wapiti. As we drove along the storm clouds were hanging around the mountains. As the sun went down we knew we had to stop soon and catch the cool clouds and sky.

Speaking of the sky, I'll be flying to Austin today for the weekend, I'll post some images from that leg if the trip as time allows.

Have A Great Day!

12 comments:

earthlingorgeous said...

Wow that landscape in Wyoming is really breathtaking! That is an amazing shot I can almost see the grass moving! Very lively shot! Awsome! Mine is about HongKong skies, I hope you visit mine :)

bobbie said...

A wonderfully dramatic photo.

Your text is interesting, but talk of so much snow so early in the year really chills me.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Wow. Really great landscape. Love the clouds hovering over the top of the mountains. :-)

FO - 2 said...

Great shot and view!
Lovely.
Just love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Love all the greens and yellows in the landscape, beautiful!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Amazing landscape, but plese noe snow just yet.

A Blog In The Rough said...

very neat pic!
Cold there and been warm over here on the East coast in DE, I'd say come back for the nice weather but it sounds like you're having fun

Lindaen said...

Lovely photo!!

Arija said...

Wonderful shot, is that a dust storm looming or smoke from a wild fire? The colour looks scarily familiar.

DeniseinVA said...

Fantastic shot and enjoyed the commentary. This is my favorite part of the States and we visited the Grand Teton last year. Spectacular scenery and you have captured Wapiti beautifully in your photograph. Thanks for sharing.

SaraG said...

WOW, that is an incredible photo!!
Take care

Marti said...

Hi Brian,

I love the processing on this image -- very dramatic and well done.

It was great seeing all of you in Jackson -- even briefly. I'm sorry we were so busy with the workshop. I would love to have spent more time with you and the family.

Hope you are enjoying the reunion in Austin -- I'm so disappointed that I could not have been there. Crossing fingers for another chance!!