Lower Falls...

2008-10-15


Hi everyeone-

I'm writing from Alamosa, CO today. I am not sure what I did to make mother nature unhappy but she certainly seems to have it out for me.

So I came here to shoot at Great Sand Dunes National Park. I was here briefly before and got some good shots so I figured I would spend the day and see what I could come up with.

Well it's a lot colder than last time, but that's not a problem. What is a problem is one of three weather conditions that would really hamper me shooting at the dunes. They would be high winds, rain or fog.

Well The valley around GSDNP is the only place in Colorado to be completely socked in by fog today. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!

I'll be heading out there in a little bit to see what I can come up with. It is supposed to clear up at some point. My only concern is that if I get on the dunes and am in total fog then I will not be able to really follow where I am greatly increasing the chances of getting lost.

Oh well I'll let you know how it goes.

Today's image was shot on the Uncle Tom's Trail at the Lower Falls of the Yellowstone. I have shot this location previously so I wanted to work on some more abstract style images of the area.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

a compass is a great invention. You should check it out :)

Chuck said...

Or a phone with GPS built in!

Brian Bastinelli said...

You guys are funny.

I happen to have both of those devices and 2 GPS.

But there are still some things that are smarter done in groups or not at all. See my post from today...