Meet the Beaklers...

2008-11-04


Hi everyone-

Well today's the day here in the USA... Don't forget to get out and vote. I don't care who you vote for, well I do -but it's none of my business, so long as you get out and actually vote.

One thing I want to mention about voting really quick is our congress. A lot of emphasis is put on voting for our president and many people make their decisions based on what they see on TV.

So imagine what the decisions are made on for our congress. Many people have difficulty naming their Congressmen and women. But these are the very people who screw up our country on a regular basis. While the president and cabinet certainly play a role, the congress are the ones who are making laws, taking bribes, spending pork barrel dollars, and making careers out of what are to be 'stints' of public service. While there is good done there at time much of what they do is waist our money with little or no over site. The fox is watching the hen house here.

So pay attention to your congress elections, learn about who these people are and push for term limits.

OK, that's it for now on the political stuff, just remember VOTE.

Today's post is from a shoot I did over the weekend. We had a great time and got some great photographs. There will be some more posted over the upcoming weeks. But today I wanted to post one from a fun little shot we did.

I asked the family members to each take on the role of a favorite character from a TV drama series and we would shoot a image as if we were shooting promos for a show.

We had a lot of fun with it and this is one of the images that came out of it. I tried as best I could to give it that highly affected look that many of the ads have.

In the shot I asked them to be everything they are not or disliked about the characters they took on. So from left to right there is the completely stuck up wants nothing to do with her family when is it over daughter. Next is the how could you have raised me to be like this, I resent you completely son. The Stepford, there is no problems here everything is fine mother. The good God woman what is wrong with you, I hate my life father and finally the bitchy I'm taking over this family daughter in law.

Nothing could be further from the truth with these guys but we had a lot of fun and a lot of great laughs while shooting this as well as all the other images.

Thanks to them for being such great sports and playing along with my nuttiness.

Oh here is the raw version of the image for those of you interested.

2 comments:

Barry Armer said...

Excellent! I love the poses, the composition and, as usual, the post-processing!

Well done!

Cheers!
Barry

Woody said...

Brian,

This is a really cool photo. I love how you edited the photo. I have spent 15 minutes just looking at it trying to figure out how you did it...

Excellant Photo!!!