# 373- Austin Streets...

2008-12-15

Photobucket

Hi everyone-

Hope you had a great weekend. I'm sorry about the delay in today's post. The cable company was doing some work at our house and in the neighborhood that had the cable, phone and Internet off line for a little while.

Things seem to be moving along just fine right now. They are still here but it look as if they are about done.

At the same time we took Cree to the doctor today to check out the yucky goop coming out of her ear. Of course its an infection, even with the tubes. So we're trying the drops first and then we'll see where we go from there. She seems to be in fine spirits though and having a good day.

Today's image was shot in October in Austin. TX outside of the Dizzy Rooster. We had decided to take a few hours off from shooting and just hang out for a while. Many interesting people either stopped in or walked by and I ended up shooting in this area more than I had in any other area on the trip.

This guy was a homeless man who seemed to be everywhere we were. I did not get to talk to him as much as I would have liked to but he did let me take his photograph even so.

He seemed to have some sort of mental issues although I could not say what. But I thought the treatment of the photograph might bring out the thoughts that were moving around in his head. I do not mean this in a derogatory way. I have a lot of compassion homeless and mentally ill people. I hope that by seeing these photographs that you will open your mind to them, be slightly more sympathetic and potentially offer them some sort of comfort.

Please do not forget them during this holiday season. Remember there are organizations that desperately need your assistance to run programs, offer shelter and food for these individuals. It is cold outside and the economic times are tough. If you have the ability, please help in some way.

Have a great day!

1 comments:

Larry J. Patrick said...

Really like this photograph. You have done a great job separating the subject from the background. The colors seem to fit very well with the subject. Good job. Enjoy your work.