#401- Off You Go...

2009-01-26

Photobucket


Hi everyone-

I hope you all had a great weekend.

Anyway...today's image was shot at the July 4th Rodeo in Choteau, Montana. I decided to treat this image a bit differently than Friday's.

In the images posted to day I started in Lightroom and made some basic adjustments. After that I applied a preset that I like to use. When I was done there I brought the image to photoshop where I used the spot healing tool to clean up the image. I removed a lot of 'spots' and different elements in the image that I thought were distracting. I also removed a power line.

Once that was completed I added two textures and a border. To get these right I play around with the blending mode and opacity of each layer.



Photobucket

Recently I have been asked be several blog readers if I might do some tutorials about my techniques. I wanted to let everyone know that there are several currently in development and you should start to see them shortly. As soon as the details are worked out I will post more information on where you might find them.

I also would like to thank you guys for asking about the tutorials and for your continued comments on my work. It really does mean a lot to me to have your feedback. I am really feel honored that you guys like the images and techniques I use to ask me to show you how I create the images. So thank you, I really mean that.

Below is the raw file for this image.

Have a great day!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Andreas said...

Absolutely awesome processing.

Barry Armer said...

Another great photo Brian!

I like the color version best, mostly because of bits of red.

Cheers!
Barry

Anonymous said...

Yea! I have admired your images and processing for quite a while now and really look forward to learning how you work in Photoshop and Lightroom. This is another very nice shot, but what is so interesting is how much you have artistically added to the original raw file by your post processing. Your ability to enhance your images and make the viewer feel a certain mood or vibe is so wonderful. This rodeo shot could easily have been taken 50 years ago, or more.

Cindi

Brian Bastinelli said...

Hi guys-

Thanks so much for your comments. It really means a lot to me.

Thanks for posting Andreas and Cindi, I love to hear from the lurkers out there!!!!!

Larry J. Patrick said...

Feelings that this bull rider has about now are the same ones I get some days with my camera in hand--what am I doing here?

Good action shot, and really strong post processing.