#464- Need More Hours In Day...

2009-04-24

Hi everyone-

I missed yesterday's post because there was simply too much to do for the hours that I had available in one day. Not that it was a bad thing but I just ran out of time to get everything accomplished that I had hoped too. I am sure you have had similar days.

Besides all of the normal daily activities my Dad brought some co-workers from the Dominican Republic to York to tour the Harley Davidson Factory. We had a great time and it was very interesting. The tour took us through one of the three plants on the premises. It was called the Touring plant, not because that's where the tours were but because that is the type of bike they manufacture there.

They also have a Softail facility and a custom facility on the premises. They have over a million square feet under roof making York the largest Harley manufacturing facility in the company. I also found it amazing that on the assembly line which moves six feet per second bikes are made start to finish in just over 2 hours.

That's pretty cool when you think of what goes into making something like that. As I said we had a great time and i look forward to going back...so if you're ever in York let me know!!

Today's images round out the week of images from Krysten's shoot. There are more and I will be processing some more over the next week so there may be some more to see.

Photobucket

In this next image I attempted to process the image to look like one I saw in a magazine I picked up at the Harley tour. It's not quite there yet but I'll try an figure it out when I have a bit more time.

Oh that reminds me...Several of you asked if I was doing anything to Krysten's skin to make it so smooth. The answer is basically....not much. Several factors have played into the results here. First is she has nice smooth skin that is very light. In the areas where we were shooting we were in open shade and the light was fantastic. That being said I did retouch it a bit to clean up any marks. But it is mostly as is.

Have a great day!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Larry J. Patrick said...

The black& white treatment is outstanding. It makes you focus right-in on her face. Really good work.