#489 - Preparing For The Day...

2009-06-10

Hi everyone-

Today I am posting two images that were shot within a few minutes of each other. They are again of Dallas Rolf, this time while he was preparing his horse for a dive of moving some new cattle around the ranch.

One of the great things about Dallas, who on the surface seems to be a very quiet guy, is that he actually enjoys explaining the workings and history of the ranch and his family. He not only provided us with friendship but a great explanation of everything that we were witnessing.

He is also a great teacher, which came through when he was teaching us to use various types of rope and techniques to rope cattle. He showed me over and over the proper way to coil the rope for easy throwing.

Each image was color corrected to give them the same basic look. Then I added several layers of texture a few more color adjustments. Then blended it all together and there you have it...lol

Have a great day!

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Brad Myers said...

Yes I understand exactly what you did to the images not to make them look the way they do. NOT!!!

But they still look great and I will always be lost in photoshop, until I win the lotto and pay someone to do it for me.

Barry Armer said...

Jackpot again!!

Two more great shots Brian! I like everything about both of them.

Well done!
Barry

Larry J. Patrick said...

Really, really fine work.

Bryan Allen said...

off the chart good. can't wait to shoot with you in July!

Brian Bastinelli said...

Wow thanks everybody. I am soo happy you guys enjoyed these images. They are my favoriteof this trip so far.

There is a ton of ranch images to come out yet but for now these are my favorite.

Thanks again and have a great day!